Hamilton Homing Pigeon Club
The Hamilton Homing Pigeon Club is located at 4810 Gunther Ave.
in northeast Baltimore (410-388-8988), where they hold regular
meeting ever Tuesday night. The Club House is a 40 X 60 block
building on a 3.5 acres lot. There is plenty of off street parking
for members and guest. The Club supports its own truck with crates
to pick up other clubs. The membership is 45 members strong and
they race on a south and a southwest course. The south course is
down US95 and starts at Ashland, VA. The southwest course starts
at Orange, VA, and follows the railroad stops from the1930’s and
The Hamilton Homing Pigeon Club was given birth by 15 pigeon
fanciers on November 30, 1933. These fifteen members would hold
meetings in the back room of a Bar on Belair Rd. they raced and
shipped pigeons with the now defunct Monumental City Concourse.
When the membership grew the Club decided to buy the property, in
1954, were their Club House sits today.
The Membership paid for the building by holding affairs at the
club. They would have one bull roast, one oyster roast, a crab
feast and many dances at the club.
In 1958 they started their first futurity race, The Hamilton
Futurity Race, HFR, and used blue bands. In 1983 the Club added
another futurity race Hamilton Golden Anniversary Race, HGA, using
gold bands. The HGA Race became the LRM Race after the death of
Lou Ramseyer, a long time President and founder of the Club. The
HFR race became the EPR Race named for Ed Plevyak along time race
secretary and AU Award winner for outstanding service in the sport
of racing pigeons. In 1994 the Club sponsored, The Chesapeake Bay
Classic Race, now in its 11th year.
President: Nick Trapani
Recording Secretary: Ed Plevyak
Treasurer: Ed Plevyak
Race Secretary: Bill Hohman